Maria V. Eyles welcomes you to
Eclectic Waves out of the Blue

Pismo Beach, California

Pismo Beach, California
Pismo Beach by jowatts on picplz.com

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Healing by Maria V. Eyles


I have bronchitis.

Went up to the Med Stop in San Luis, my urgent care place of choice since my PCP, Dr. B., doesn’t want to see sick people. Heh, heh! Yeah, that’s a fact!

Well, he has good reason I guess; as an internist and gerontologist*, Dr. B. wants to deal only with the Big Stuff, and not infect his oldsters with my childish germs. [*Okay. No snide remarks. I’m (or was) one of his few younger patients, taken in as a favor to a dying Geoffrey. But he does see some younger folk like his musician friends.]

Anyway, at Med Stop I was lucky enough to get Dr. Scheid. She’s around my age and adores Raphael. I like her a lot. In fact, I got FIVE visitors before she walked in. I said, “Hi Doctor!” to each one, and they all sheepishly countered, “Oh, I’m not a doctor. I just heard Raphael was here! Can I pet him?”

Kid you not.

Anyway, Dr. Scheid treated me on condition she could take Raffy home with her. She did a good job but I had hide in the bathroom to get a clean getaway. LOL, now just kidding.

I'm doing better after the antibiotics and codeine formula--the stabbing knife pains in my chest are much diminished and the fiery throat is less red. This has been a bad one on the throat/voice, sinus and chest. Truly I believe it is the exact same thing that I "had" in December and again all through February, thus my capitulation to get the meds so it will GO AWAY.

Does anyone know if bronchitis is contagious?

Anyway, I'm good, just tired and drained. Working on my articles. So far TWO agencies and a dozen individuals have asked me for my service dog article, so I’m working hard on getting it out. It's pretty complex so I have divided it into two parts, one for the general public (Joe/Joanne Public)and one for business and agency operators.

Raffy is curled up under my feet under computer desk. He still seems to be doing okay. Time will tell with him. I am just grateful for everyday he's well.

Neither he nor I feel like going out much today because the Santa Ana winds (or some hot winds) are blowing. But last evening, Raffy and I had a wonderful walk on the beach. Though I was as if steamrolled, somehow I conjured up some energy from thin air. We walked long and watched the sunset together sitting on a boardwalk bench.

Last night's sunset was bridal in character: A bright organdy mist veiled itself over the Avila promontory. The sun, still silvery-yellow, dropped slowly and voluptuously onto the sea bed, while the moon behind us appeared as the best man watching the couple leave the cathedral for a mysterious honeymoon beyond the horizon.

Stay wonderful!




 

1 comment:

  1. How did I manage NOT to get what you have! I must be too mean... Hope you're feeling better and hope Raffy got out of Med Stop grateful. :) PS I LOVE the last paragraph before your closure.

    ReplyDelete